The “HIV Outcomes: Beyond viral suppression” initiative arises out of a shared recognition among leading HIV experts that there are crucially important issues relating to the health and social inclusion of people living with HIV (PLHIV) that have to date received insufficient attention from policy makers and healthcare providers, and which must now form part of our HIV response.
In an era when ageing populations and health system sustainability are central challenges for all European countries, the initiative also aims to inform debates about cost-effective strategies for comorbidity prevention and management, whilst ensuring patient-centred healthcare delivery. Our recommendations should therefore be of high relevance both to policy makers and the wider health community. The HIV Outcomes initiative complements the work of other initiatives focusing on HIV prevention, diagnosis, and access to high quality treatment and care.
- John Bowis, OBE, former UK Health Minister and MEP
- Marc Danzon, former Director of the WHO Regional Office for Europe
HIV Outcomes Steering Group
- AIDS Action Europe: represented by Sini Pasanen
- AFEW International: represented by Anke van Dam
- East Europe & Central Asia Union of PLWH (ECUO): represented by Vladimir Zhovtyak
- European AIDS Treatment Group (EATG): represented by Mario Cascio
- Jane Anderson: Homerton University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust, London (Steering Group Co-Chair)
- Nikos Dedes: Positive Voice (Greek association for PLHIV) (Steering Group Co-Chair)
- Jeffrey Lazarus: ISGlobal, Hospital Clinic, University of Barcelona (Steering Group Co-Chair)
- Richard Stranz: AIDES
- Industry represented by: Annick Manuel (Gilead Sciences) and Evelyn Schoedl (ViiV Healthcare)
- European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC) (observer)